About Me

I am an 11 year old kid who likes to rant about things that people don't understand. the only people I like are ones that are okay with how much I know.

Thursday, August 15, 2019

Worldbuilders diary 1: Language

This is the first post of a series that I am hoping to continue quite far. the series is about worldbuilding (creating an imaginary world) and how hard it is.

This post is about languages in your imaginary world. the first thing I would like to point out is a common mistake a lot of worldbuilders make. making the language just English with different letters. this is a problem because unless the language was inspired by English in the world there would be no way anyone in the world would know to make it just like English.

here are a few sentences in the language that I made for my world. (the language is for dragons)

~shee enn shee vyk~ tck shee uhh vyn enn tch uhh riack tch unn
translates to "magic bringer (my draconic name) invented the draconic language

uhh vyk shee tyn shee vyk
translates to "storm light path" (a lightning dragon greeting)

-vyk shee vyk shee uhh shee- vyk shee *uhh vynn noth vyk* tch uhh -vyk shee vyk shee uhh shee- noth uhh *uhh vynn noth vyk* uhh vyn noth tch uhh vyn noth vyk *uhh vynn noth vyk*
The ending of a dragonic legend about the dragon great claw slaying the hydra dragon eater. then the group of part-dragons that the hydra was hunting eating the hydra.

I hope that these give you ideas for your setting's languages and I hope that you post some of your ideas in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Merry Christmas

it is Christmas! Now I no longer will feel annoyed at the fact that only my sister will enjoy the playmobil that we get from the advent cale...