About Me

I am an 11 year old kid who likes to rant about things that people don't understand. the only people I like are ones that are okay with how much I know.

Tuesday, August 6, 2019

What I think about the whole "video games cause you to be violent" debate

I have been thinking about the "video games cause violence" debate for a while and I have decided to say what I think about it.
It would honestly depend on the game. a game about shooting random people in a city might make the player think of shooting people as "fun" and therefore be a bit more likely to want to do it in real life. But a video game about building devices and then using a "spud gun" (handheld potato cannon) to defend against killer robots with farming tools will probably not lead to someone wanting to shoot a real person. Because the robots are nothing like humans and the main focus of  the game is to construct awesome devices, not to shoot at things.
Also some of the belief that video games cause violence could come from the fact that some games are so violent that only people who are violent would want to get them. Then someone could see that that kid is violent, look at the fact that the kid is playing a violent game, then say that that kid must be violent because of the game.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Merry Christmas

it is Christmas! Now I no longer will feel annoyed at the fact that only my sister will enjoy the playmobil that we get from the advent cale...